Bentley2-Row Malting Barley
Bentley is a 2 row, three purpose barley – great for malt,feed or forage purposes.
• Malt contracts offered through Canada Malting
• Truly a three purpose barley, not giving up anything when trying to grow malt
• High % plump
• Plant biomass well suited for forage
Canmore2-Row General Purpose Barley
Canmore is a new 2-row general purpose barley, with applications for the feed market, as well as the developing shochu market.
• Very good yields, 102% of Xena
• Greatly improved lodging resistance over Xena
• Higher % plumps and test weight
• MR rating to scald
Merit 572-Row Malting Barley
Merit 57 possess a superior malting profile accepted by AB InBev.
• Very good yield potential
• Later maturing, but has been successfully grown into Central Alberta
• Contracted by AB Inbev
CDC PolarStar2-Row Malting Barley with Prairie Malt and Sapporo
CDC PolarStar contains the LOXISTAR™ characteristic, and is exclusively under contract with Prairie Malt Ltd. for Sapporo Breweries in Japan
• CDC Kendall with the LOXISTAR™ characteristic
• Extends the shelf-life of beer
• Exclusive to Sapporo Breweries in Japan
• Prairie Malt can sell elsewhere in North America
CDC Coalition2-Row Feed Barley
CDC Coalition is an established 2-Row feed barley, that has proven its value over a number of years.
• Very good yields
• Excellent standability
• Similar yield and better straw strength than Xena
• Consistently plump seeds