Pelta™ seed pelleting technology from Syngenta Canada helps take some of the uncertainty out of growing canola by making seed more uniform in size.
Uniform canola seed enables better singulation planter performance and more accurate seed placement for greater seed survivability and even stand establishment.
- By taking the variability out of canola seed size, Pelta helps singulation planters perform at their peak by facilitating more accurate seed placement.
- Consistent-sized Pelta seed also helps growers avoid common issues that can impact stand establishment, like double or triple-planted seed.
- More accurate seed placement means canola plants emerge more uniformly, don’t compete for resources and develop evenly.
- This helps ease decisions around in-season herbicide, Sclerotinia fungicide and desiccant application timing.
- Each bag of canola seed with Pelta technology contains the same number of seeds, so growers can purchase exactly what they need to meet their target seedlings per acre.
Pelta™ Seeding Rate
Use the following seeding rate calculator to select the right number of bags of Pelta™ coated canola seed for your farm. Depending on expected survivability and target plant count, the table below shows the seeding rate and the number of acres each 2.6M seed bag will plant.
|Seeds per Pelta™ Unit||2,600,000||2,600,000||2,600,000||2,600,000|
|Target Plant Stand||217,800||217,800||217,800||217,800|
|Seeds Planted per Acre||290,400||272,250||256,235||242,000|
|Acres per Pelta™ Unit||9.0||9.6||10.1||10.7|
The Canola Council of Canada recommends a plant stand of 5 to 8 plants per square foot.
Exclusively available through CANTERRA SEEDS for the 2022 growing season on three canola hybrids:
- CS3000 TF – a mid-maturing TruFlex™ canola with Roundup Ready® Technology hybrid that boasts high yield potential, straight cut potential and unique blackleg and second generation clubroot resistance.
- CS4000 LL – a mid-maturing, LibertyLink® canola hybrid that features blackleg and clubroot resistance, strong standability and straight cut potential.
- CS2600 CR-T – an early-maturing TruFlex™ canola with Roundup Ready® Technology hybrid with enhanced clubroot resistance and straight cut potential.
Or contact your local Territory Manager for more information or to order.
Pelta order deadline is February 25, 2022.
Always read and follow label directions. Pelta™ and the Syngenta logo are trademarks of a Syngenta Group Company. © 2021 Syngenta.