Brian was born in Wetaskiwin and raised on a farm in the County of Wetaskiwin. He attended Pigeon Lake Regional High School and University of Alberta taking Agriculture. Brian worked in the Agriculture field for over 40 years, including as a Territory Manager for CANTERRA SEEDS, and contributed much to his community and local 4-H.
- Be a Canadian citizen
- Be an Alberta resident
- Alberta is the last place the student lived for 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies
- Be registered in an undergraduate program at an accredited post-secondary institution
Preference will be given to:
- County of Wetaskiwin resident and/or graduate from a Wetaskiwin Regional Public School
- Students enrolled in Agricultural-related studies
- Previous participation in 4-H
The Brian Knull Memorial Scholarship was created in 2018 by CANTERRA SEEDS and the Knull Family to encourage rural students to continue their education at a post-secondary institution. The $1,500 scholarship is awarded on yearly basis.
To apply for the scholarship, please submit:
- Completed application form - Download form here
- Proof of enrollment in an accredited post-secondary institute
- A 500-word essay or 3–5 minute video on one of the following topics:
- How has your education and experience prepared you for your current area of study?
- Tell us about the people who influenced or mentored you on your current educational journey, and what they did or said that made a difference for you.
- How has your connection to agriculture influenced your career choice?
Submit applications to:CANTERRA SEEDS
Attn: Brian Knull Scholarship
201-1475 Chevrier Blvd.
Winnipeg, MB R3T 1Y7
Applications must be received on or before October 31 of each year.
*note - video may be submitted via USB or online file link (i.e. YouTube)